CLEVELAND, Ohio – The Kinzbachs are in the Las Vegas area getting ready to resume traveling this week.
They plan to head to Bullhead City, Arizona, and take a side trip to Oatman, Arizona, where wild donkeys roam freely – definitely Old West history.
This week, the couple talks about the area’s RV parks and how different parks have different rules along with varying amenities. (Because it’s expensive doesn’t mean it’s good, the couple says.) They also encountered a mouse and offer a sure-fire tip on how to keep them away.
They discuss plans to go north or south: Glacier National Park in Montana or Big Bend National Park in Texas? Jackson Hole, Wyoming, or Key West, Florida? Meanwhile, former radio man Jeff finds time to talk about a Pink Floyd concert that was part of the World Series of Rock at Cleveland Stadium back in 1977.
In Northeast Ohio, Jeff is well-known for his 50 years of radio work, first as a host of the Buzzard Morning News at WMMS-FM/100.7, and later at WONE FM/97.5 in Akron.
The Kinzbachs have been living out of their RV since Jeff retired from the radio business in September 2020. Now, Jeff and Patti have transferred Jeff’s radio skills to their adventurous podcast while traveling North America. The “Rocking the RV Life” podcast is presented in partnership with cleveland.com and The Plain Dealer.
Note to Apple Podcast listeners: If you subscribed to “Rocking the RV Life” before it partnered with cleveland.com and are having trouble finding new episodes, try the following:
• Click the ellipses, also known as the three-dot More Options Menu, at the upper right of the podcast’s page on your Apple device.
• Unfollow Rocking the RV Life.
• Search for “Rocking the RV Life” again on the main Apple Podcast page.
• Click the + button in the upper right to Follow the new version of Rocking the RV Life.
I am on cleveland.com’s life and culture team and cover food, beer, wine and sports-related topics. If you want to see my stories, cleveland.com/staff/mbona/posts.html”>here’s a directory on cleveland.com. Bill Wills of WTAM-1100 and I talk food and drink usually at 8:20 a.m. Thursday morning. Twitter: @mbona30.
Get a jumpstart on the weekend. Sign up for Cleveland.com’s weekly “In the CLE” email newsletter, your essential guide to the top things to do in Greater Cleveland. It will arrive in your inbox on Friday mornings – an exclusive to-do list, focusing on the best of the weekend fun. Restaurants, music, movies, performing arts, family fun and more. Click here to subscribe. All cleveland.com newsletters are free.
- The Bookseller - Rights - Everything with Words lands historical middle-grade adventure
- Your Romantic Partner Shouldn’t Be Your Only Adventure Partner
- Gettysburg among US towns with most tour and travel guides
- travel - A picture-perfect motorbike adventure in Vietnam
- Rivers, swamps, Bengal: Why does a new D&D adventure feel so familiar?