Bolton Landing, N.Y. — An iconic resort on an Adirondacks island has been deemed one of the best resorts in the nation.
sagamore/”>The Sagamore Resort was voted the third-best destination resort in the United States in a contest by USA Today’s 10Best. The luxurious Sagamore — a historic hotel in Bolton Landing that dates back to the late 1800s — is housed on a private island on Lake George and includes a golf course, a spa, an indoor rec center and plenty of waterside fun.
The resort made the list alongside the Acqualina Resort & Residences on the Beach in sunny Florida and The Broadmoor in mountainous Colorado.
10Best editors worked with a panel of experts to come up with an initial list of 20 lauded resorts. The 10 final winners were then picked by voters.
The Sagamore Resort, a Queen Anne-style hotel housed on the private, 70-acre Green Island, opened in 1883. President Richard Nixon is among its roster of historic guests, according to Historic Hotels of America.
The resort’s location and its panoply of amenities — including its eight restaurants — are what make it such an exemplary destination for a vacation, 10Best noted.
“Experience the unmatched beauty of the Adirondacks at the Sagamore Resort on Lake George’s landmark hotel,” 10Best wrote. “This year-round New York resort is ideal for family members of all ages.”
Guests can stay in the Sagamore’s main hotel, its condominium lodges or its group retreat-friendly “Castle.” Visit the Sagamore’s website to check out availability and rates.
- How to save money on travel? Five tips for cheaper flights and hotels
- High volume of 911 calls from local hotel links back to housing crisis
- Cruises could be this summer's cheapest travel option with itineraries going for as low as $29 a day
- Virginia unemployment drops to lowest since before pandemic, but staffing problems persist | State and Regional News
- Taking a cruise is now cheaper than flying, staying in a hotel, or roadtripping — here's how to save even more money on inexpensive luxury cruises